Phase I - This transition only effects the Eastern US
In an effort to improve our overall service offering and to give us more capabilities moving forward, SmartNet North America will be transitioning all IT infrastructure, services and operations to our long-standing hosting partner's new state-of-the-art hosting environment in Reston, VA. Overall, this transition and upgrade will give us a great deal more resources and flexibility to continue to provide and expand the services you have come to trust. To assure service continuity, as well as be able to stress test the new architecture and environment, we will be doing this in a phased approach starting with the Eastern US.
On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 9:00 PM ET all Boston operations for the Eastern US will be taken offline to allow us to transition data streams to our new Reston environment. Eastern US operations will then resume on Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 5:00 AM ET in our new Reston environment. Ideal this transition would be completely transparent to our end user base and not require any changes by users, however we do know not all of our user-base is operating using our Domain Names, so this will cause some configuration changes to be made at the rover level. Please see our transition steps below.
1. If you are already using SmartNet domain names (xx.smartnetna.com or .us where xx=the state abbreviation) you will not need to make any changes to your system
2. If you are not using SmartNet domain names, but your equipment (Leica SmartRovers, Viva, Trimble R-series, Topcon GR-series and later model Hyper series) is capable of using domain names (URLs) please immediately change your connection details to use our domain schema to prevent service interruptions when we make the transition
3. If your equipment is unable to use domain names (Leica SR530, GX1230, legacy Trimble series, legacy Topcon series, etc) you will need to change your connection details on Thursday morning to our new IP address serving the Eastern US
4. If you are not sure how to make these changes, detailed Video Quick Guides are available on the SmartSupport Portal for a number of rover types to aid you in making the requisite changes should you need them, see the following link for more details - http://snna.co/1pcIAgw
5. If you are not sure what type of equipment you are operating or need additional assistance, please contact your local hardware support personnel or SmartSupport
Again, we cannot reiterate enough the importance of using the domain name if you can, as we have advised for the past several years using a domain name would mitigate the effects of events such as these, as well as play an integral part of our future active fail-over and operational plans.
Delaware - de.smartnetna.com - 220.127.116.11
Maryland - md.smartnetna.com - 18.104.22.168
New Jersey - nj.smartnetna.com - 22.214.171.124
New York - ny.smartnetna.com - 126.96.36.199
Pennsylvania - pa.smartnetna.com - 188.8.131.52
Vermont - vt.smartnetna.com - 184.108.40.206
Virginia - va.smartnetna.com - 220.127.116.11
West Virginia - wv.smartnetna.com - 18.104.22.168
Alabama - al.smartnetna.com - 22.214.171.124
Georgia - ga.smartnetna.com - 126.96.36.199
Mississippi - ms.smartnetna.com - 188.8.131.52
Detailed Video Quick Guides are available on the SmartSupport Portal for a number of rover types to aid you in making the requisite changes should you need them, see the following link for more details. http://snna.co/1pcIAgw
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause for our customers in the Eastern US. Again this ONLY effects the Eastern US at this time, other SmartNet areas will be transitioned in the coming weeks.
SmartNet North America