Some RT Products require a NMEA GGA string sent by the rover user. The connection will be closed by Spider if no NMEA GGA string is received within a specified time range.
The time range is set to 30 sec by Spider.
All SmartNet RT Products require a NMEA GGA string be sent by the rover user. The connection will be closed by SmartNet if no NMEA GGA string is received within 30 seconds of connection.
Common Error Causes:
- Improper rover settings
- Trying to connect to the network before your rover begins tracking satellites
- The rover being placed in the back of a vehicle where the GPS receiver cannot get a navigated position
- Make sure your rover is setup to transmit a NMEA GGA string to the network
- Make sure you have a navigated position on your receiver, a position is required to transmit the GGA string
- Make sure your rover's ability to track satellites is not being interfered with, i.e. has a relatively open view o f the sky