Webinar Recording for Session 1
Webinar discussing upcoming updates to SmartNet North America Broadcast coordinates to MYCS2 realization in US and version 7.1 solution in Canada.
Q & A Addendum for Session 1
Q & A Time Stamps for Session 1
- With all these changes and updates, will firmware be required to update?
- Will the webinars in December be same or different than this one?
- When will the service back online on Jan 6th?
- Does this mean that SmartNet will be down?
- When will this recording be available for playback?
- Will there be support for GALILEO in the future in the Canada market?
- You mentioned planned 100% GNSS availability, what is the time frame to update reference station hardware like GX1230 that are GPS+GLO only
- What are the mountpoint where GNSS corrections are available?
- How are the mountpoints that are being used for Zeno hardware being affected?
- What is the difference between RTCM3 and MSM mountpoints?
- Will MSM work with older receivers that are only GPS and GLONASS?
- Do we need to manually change the mountpoint to get it running after the change?
- What to we need change the Mount Point Setting in our Survey Controllers? Will the Mount Point Setting automatically change on January 6th? If we want to go back to the old solution, do we need to change it back?
- With CA recently updated, "last" will only be Nov to Jan? So user can not go back prior to November's adjustment?
- For the high dynamic areas, how long will the OLD reference frames be available for moving forward? And how far back do the MRFs go back?
- Will you be able upload these new mountpoints and broadcast coordinates into the survey controller before January 6 to prepare for the change?
US SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
- You mentioned switching to the ITRF2014 reference frame. Is this the same switch NGS is moving towards in 2022?
- You've referenced other areas… Everything shown is been East Coast or West Coast , what about the Central U.S. or more specifically Texas, how does this effect us?
- Can we start using MYCS2 prior to 2020?
- How will the new MYCS2 realization check into passive NGS points used to check in the past?
- I have noticed in the past that station coordinates sometimes differ from published NGS coordinates in the same reference? Any comment?
- Currently... I will shoot-in an NGS station and the coordinate values match... pretty close... are ya'll saying that this will not be the case after Jan 6th?
CANADA SPECIFIC QUESTIONS
- When will this be published and rolled out in Canada?
- Will NAD83(CSRS) Epoch 1997 & Epoch 2002 continue to be available in British Columbia?
- CSRS-PPP is adopting CSRS (version 7.0), will this match CSRS (version 7.1) in SmartNet?
- How are we notified in BC when/if there are changes made during the annual checks?
- If we are already on an existing alternate reference frame (BC 2002), will the ports or mountpoint name need to be checked after Jan 6?
BASIC REFERENCE FRAME QUESTIONS
- What is a reference frame?
- Will Low dynamic stations will still be Epoch 2010.0?
- Does this change affect state plane coordinates?
- So a fixed solution on point on January 6th, will be different from our fixed solution on January 5th? If so, by how much?
ITRF / IGS QUESTIONS
- Does it mean the coordinates we recieved from RTK service will change from IGS to ITRF?
- Will the current IGS08 coordinates be replaced by ITRF2014 coordinates?
- What do these changes mean for automotive applications? If we have maps created using IGS08, do we have to re-do the survey?
GEIOD & HEIGHTING QUESTIONS
- How are the heights of stations in SmartNet derived? Are they GNSS derived heights or actualy leveled to Orthometric Heights?
- Can you use GEOID18 on Last Coordinate class (MYCS1)?
- How do we get the GEOID18 update? Update Firmware in the data collector?
- Can I continue to use old geiod with new reference frame?
- If our check point deltas are acceptable with "Current" and currently using GEOID12B, we should change to GEOID18?
- How will this update affect current "local" coordinate systems (localization, transformations, calibrations) that were built using the current realization or solution being broadcast?
- When working on a localized job where a localization (transformation/calibration) has been previously performed, can I check precision and accuracy after changes are in affect by checking into a known control point?
- Changing the current reference frame for existing Long term projects could have a significant impact financially and contractually. We perform a lot of monitoring projects that require 5-10 years of annual monitoring. Going forward I can see starting new projects in the new reference frame but the existing ref. frame needs to stay for a longer time period!
- What if a project just kicked off and localized using the current broadcast coordinates and will continue months if not a year following the update? what would I do to make sure everything checks in and accurate?
- Can you elaborate on your suggestion of creating a localization for projects that need to use old coordinates?
- Would any of the design DTM coordinates change or need to swing/rotate?
COORDINATE CHANGE QUESTIONS
- When will the knowledge base article be ready with reports on how much individual broadcast coordinates will be changing? And how can it be accessed when it is ready?
- Can we see the coordinate changes in advance at each base?
- Will you be publishing a table displaying the coordinate difference for each station?
- When will the published document be available showing the differences in old vs new station coordinates?